ACG Silicon Valley is a unique community with a purpose; where CEOs and senior executive leaders connect to conduct business, build new careers, and link together to lead the future of Silicon Valley.
The Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) chapter in Silicon Valley is a leading organization for senior level executives who are involved in mergers and acquisitions, corporate growth and corporate development. The organization produces preeminent programs that attract an extraordinary group of corporate development and entrepreneurial leaders to its events. The topics and associated discussions keep participants in the vanguard of industry topics and people. ACG Silicon Valley is beyond networking – it is about getting the right people together in one place, sharing knowledge, repeating success, and propelling growth through leadership.
ACGSV is dedicated to providing business professionals with world-class networking within an influential community of industry leaders. By maintaining a mid-cap focus, ACGSV acts as a business catalyst, lifting startup executives to the next level and introducing Fortune 1000 company executives to growth via acquisition opportunities.
Types of ACGSV Members
There are three types of ACGSV members:
1. Corporate Members who work for a private or public company that sells products. Corporate members have a job function that includes growing the company organically, through acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, alliances, strategic planning, product development, licensing, franchising, etc. Corporate members typically hold titles such as, but not limited to, Chairman, CEO, President, COO, CFO, SVP or VP. This category also includes serial CEOs or other high level executives who are currently in transition.
2. Equity Members represent the investment community, including venture capital firms and other direct sources of private equity. Equity members typically hold titles such as Partner, Managing Director and Principal.
3. Service Members are organizations or individuals whose primary focus is on providing a service rather than a tangible product. Typical examples are attorneys, financial planners, bankers, consultants, recruiters, insurance, etc. Service members typically hold titles such as President, CEO, Owner, Partner, Managing Director, Principal and Senior Vice President.
Membership Criteria/Application Process
ACGSV seeks to maintain a membership balance among Corporate Members, Equity Members and Service Members. Membership in ACGSV is selective, and not every applicant will be accepted.
The membership process begins with completing an online application (attending a Chapter event is not required prior to submitting an application; however, it is strongly encouraged). The ACGSV Membership Committee will review each application and may, at its discretion, request a personal or phone interview with a membership candidate. The Membership Committee will make a determination as to whether each candidate should be recommended for Chapter membership and relay recommendations to the ACGSV Board of Directors for consideration at the next monthly Board meeting.
The Membership Committee and the Board of Directors, at their discretion, may consider the following factors, among others, in the determination of whether to accept or reject a membership application:
- Current membership composition of the Chapter as among the three categories listed above
- The applicant’s business and leadership experience
- The applicant’s contacts and networks
- Potential sponsorship interest and capability
- The applicant’s willingness to participate and contribute to Chapter activities
- Sponsorship of the membership application by two members of ACG who are not employed by the applicant’s current employer
Individual memberships are available to Corporate and Equity Members for $695 per year plus (optional) $250 for one admission to ACGSV’s annual GROW! Awards.
Service Memberships are available to corporate sponsors and to individuals.
ACGSV has several levels of corporate sponsorship, including the following:
- Underwriting Sponsor– Currently $50,000 for each Chapter year, includes customized sponsorship opportunities and events, the opportunity to participate in the leadership of one of ACGSV’s circles, includes four individual memberships, two tables of ten at GROW! Awards and corporate branding on the ACGSV website and at all ACGSV events.
- Platinum Sponsor – Currently $25,000 for each Chapter year; includes customized sponsorship opportunities and events, the opportunity to participate in the leadership of one of ACGSV’s Circles, two individual memberships, a table for ten at the GROW! Awards and corporate branding on the ACGSV website and at all ACGSV events.
- Gold Sponsor – Currently $15,000 for each Chapter year; includes the opportunity to participate in the leadership of one of ACGSV’s Circles, two individual memberships, four admissions to the GROW! Awards and corporate branding on the ACGSV website and at all ACGSV events.
- Silver Sponsor – Currently $10,000 for each Chapter year; includes two individual memberships, two admissions to the GROW! Awards and corporate branding on the ACGSV website and at all ACGSV events.
Individual Service Members
Individuals who meet the criteria of Service Members can qualify for ACGSV membership by introducing to ACGSV three (3) qualified individuals or companies who join ACGSV as Corporate or Equity Members three (3) months after submitting a membership application. Any person desiring to become a Service Member must contact ACG directly at ACGSV@acgsv.org, prior to attending a Chapter event. A person interested in becoming a Service Member may attend one (1) chapter event prior to submitting an application for membership. Once the applicant satisfies the criteria for membership and membership application is accepted the Service Member shall be permitted to attend all Chapter events.